build, shoot & show!
grades: 5 & up
INSTRUCTORs: catherine page & john gangemi
june 25th-28th, 2018: monday - thursday
The Big Shot Camera Kit lets you build your own digital camera, and learn about the parts and how they work to create a photograph. Using your camera, you’ll learn about shot composition and basic design principles to create a portfolio website of your photographs.
On the final day, there will be an in-house show of all student portfolios. Students take their camera home to continue to use and further develop their creative observational skills through photography.
KEY LEARNING CONNECTIONS
- See how photography blends technology, art, and science
- Understand the parts of a camera and how they work together to create an image
- Apply knowledge of composition and design concepts to photography
- Demonstrate creative, innovative thinking using the camera
- Use digital media as an expression of one’s observations and perspective on the world