build, shoot & show!
grades: 5 & up
INSTRUCTORs: catherine page & john gangemi
june 25th-28th, 2018: monday - thursday
We are excited to offer a 4- day summer introduction program in photography that students can apply to the rest of their summer.
The Big Shot Camera Kit lets you build your own digital camera, and learn about the parts and how they work to create a photograph. Using your camera, you’ll learn about shot composition and basic design principles to create a portfolio website of your photographs. On the final day, there will be an in-house show of all student portfolios. Students take their camera home to continue to use and further develop their creative observational skills through photography.
KEY LEARNING CONNECTIONS
- See how photography blends technology, art, and science
- Understand the parts of a camera and how they work together to create an image
- Apply knowledge of composition and design concepts to photography
- Demonstrate creative, innovative thinking using the camera
- Use digital media as an expression of one’s observations and perspective on the world