COMPUTER SCIENCE II
GRADE LEVEL: 5 & UP
INSTRUCTOR: Ken Aspeslagh
Designed for students who've taken Intro to Computer Science, Computer Science II explores new and exciting CS topics in depth.
We've found that after finishing Intro to CS, students are always asking for more knowledge. CS II focuses on topics ranging from coding, to the internet to micro-controllers, and will quickly grab their interest.
This season's topic:
Congratulations! You're hired at your first job writing code for a big company. You're about to find that a lot more goes into making a great app than you might think!
In this 6 week class we'll write some code, learn what software engineers do all day, and answer important questions including:
• What are the popular programming languages in use today, how are they different, and what purposes are they used for?
• How do programmers work together in teams, on big projects with millions of lines of code?
• How is an app's user interface designed?
• Who finds bugs and who fixes them?
• What is open source software?
• Can anyone create and sell software?
Pre-requisite: Intro to Computer Science
Classes are limited to 8 students.