INTRO TO COMPUTER SCIENCE
GRADE LEVEL: 3-12
INSTRUCTORS: Ken Aspeslagh & Rachel Harris
Hands-on activities like programming robots, circuitry, and 3D printing provide an engaging introduction to Computer Science, and high quality instruction develops a foundation for continued learning.
Each lesson touches on a different aspect of computer science, keeping students interested and eager for more. Topics include:
- How computers really works
- Writing code to control a robot
- The exciting history of computer science
- 3D printing
- Fundamental concepts of coding using Scratch, C, and Python
- Digital circuitry hacking with Arduino
- Mobile app and game creation
No experience is necessary and all equipment is provided.
Classes are limited to 8 students.
Intro to CS classes are offered by age/grade levels.