INTRO TO COMPUTER SCIENCE
GRADE LEVEL: 3-12
INSTRUCTORS: Ken Aspeslagh & Rachel Harris
Go beyond the basics for a more in-depth understanding of computers; something that's so important in today's world.
Hands-on activities like programming robots and 3D printing provide an engaging introduction to Computer Science, and high quality instruction develops a foundation for continued learning.
Each lesson touches on a different aspect of computer science, keeping students interested and eager for more. Topics include:
- How computing really works
- Writing code to control a robot
- The exciting history of computer science
- Fundamental concepts of coding using Scratch, C, and Python
- Digital circuitry hacking with Arduino
- Mobile app and game creation
No experience is necessary and all equipment is provided.
Classes are limited to 8 students.
Intro to CS classes are divided by age/grade levels.